Quality & Professional Work You Can Trust!

Mon-Fri: 8AM-7PM

What are the signs of mold exposure?

Signs of mold exposure

Table of contents

Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture present, such as in basements, bathrooms, kitchens, or attics. It is important to inspect your home for any signs of mold growth and take steps to remove it if necessary.

What are the Symptoms of Mold Exposure?

Mold is often found in water-damaged areas like basements, crawl spaces and attics. It can also grow on ceilings, walls and furniture. If you think there may be mold in your home or office, call a professional for inspection and mold removal.

If you’ve been experiencing any of the above symptoms, you may have mold exposure. Mold can cause a variety of health problems, including asthma, respiratory problems and bronchitis. So if you think you may be exposed to mold, it’s important to get diagnosed and treated as soon as possible.

  • Weakness and fatigue on their own they aren’t enough for them to be signs of exposure to mold. It’s important to remember that there’s a distinction between tiredness and fatigue. It’s usually due to poor sleeping routines or taking on too many tasks at the same time. It can last longer, making the feeling that you require continuous rest. You are able to test the symptoms against other causes that may identify the cause. Are you experiencing water damage at office or at home? Perhaps your air vents show discoloration. The damp environment is the most popular location for mold growth. The most comprehensive study of this kind revealed that more than 50 percent of US houses had damp or mold. The spores released by mold can be found in the air that cause problems for those who are sensitive to these growths. So perhaps you are also suffering from persistent respiratory tract or sinuses. Add fatigue to the mix and it is recommended to consult with your physician.
  • Headaches and sensitivity to light. Headaches are a sign for many underlying medical conditions, and determining the root cause isn’t easy. The diet, anxiety, posture and the amount of sleep you have can all be a factor. If you experience frequent headaches, then it could be cause for concern especially if you are suffering from flu-like symptoms. This is especially true if your headaches become unresponsive to the usual painkillers. A sensitivity to light is an indicator for migraine sufferers. If you’re not suffering from migraines, then that’s clear that something is not right.
  • Insufficient memory or difficulty concentrating. Stress or diet can create problems in remembering details or in focusing on a particular task. However, if you suffer from an intense fog of your brain, you must be aware of the body’s signals to you. This could be anything from numbness to a loss of phrases. Doctors are often fast to attribute stress. And in certain instances it could be true. But what if these symptoms are associated with dry mouth or skin itching? These could also be signs of exposure to mold. It is possible that they are signs that the air is not as clean. It’s important to identify the signs that indicate that mold is the cause. If you aren’t able to see mold on your property there is a possibility that it lurks beneath carpets, or behind the drywall.
  • Joint pain and stiffness – There are some people who experience joint pain and stiffness that is due to allergies to mold. These symptoms are more prevalent during the autumn. Because the rotting leaves release mold spores into air. The use of antihistamines or lifestyle modifications are often enough to treat these symptoms. But , it is also the trigger for an even more nefarious condition called chronic inflammation reaction syndrome (CIRS). The myriad of symptoms frequently leaves doctors with their heads scratching. Joint pain is a challenging sign because it could point to conditions like Rheumatism. However, your physician will be able to run tests on your blood to rule them out. It’s also important to note that you’ve got the presence of mold in your house if you’re aware.
  • The red Eyes, Blurred Vision, sweats and Mood Swings – None these signs suggests anything positive. These are all signs of exposure to mold. Eyes that are red and blurred are the first signs of being in contact with an external source of irritation. In this instance, the cause is mold could be the cause. Around 25% of people are susceptible to mold. All other people have an immune system reaction to fight the toxins triggered from exposure to the mold. If you’re part of that 25% of people and you’re susceptible to one or more of these symptoms. It also means that you are part of nature’s alarm system that indicates an issue in the building that you frequently use. It’s crucial to remember that the signs of exposure to mold could also indicate Lyme illness or any other long-term illnesses. Therefore, testing is essential. Your doctor must detect mycotoxins in your body and an inspector will determine the source that has led to the development of mold. Even if you weren’t affected by mold or other spores, you physician is more likely to succeed in diagnosing the root of the problem.

What should I do if I Show Any of the Following Signs of Mold Exposition?

Your first call is to your physician. The doctor will be able to rule out any other health issues that may be the cause of your symptoms. Be aware that a doctor cannot detect mold exposure with just urine or blood tests. It is necessary to make sure that your office or home is examined by a professional. You may think that you could simply consult your family or coworkers to determine whether they are experiencing similar symptoms. Unfortunately, certain people are more susceptible to the effects of mold than others. You could develop signs and the person next to you in the cubicle is no different.

The doctor will give you an appropriate treatment plan. There are a few things are you able to do assist:

  • Wear a mask that is protective and gloves to remove any visible mold from your home.
  • Inform the building manager if you notice it present in your workplace.
  • Be on top of the growth of mold to prevent it from producing many as spores.
  • Install a dehumidifier in your kitchen or bathroom to reduce the attractive places for mold to flourish.
  • After you’ve eliminated the visible mold, make sure your air ducts cleaned on a regular basis.

Related Post

Get a Free Quote