According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), exposure to mold can cause a variety of health problems, including respiratory problems, bronchitis, and asthma. If you have been experiencing any of these symptoms, you may be exposed to mold and should seek medical attention.
Black mold can form in any environment that gives food for the mold to grow – which is moisture. One little patch of black mold can go out of control, and before you know it, it’s everywhere.
Unlike filters, which collect pollutants as they pass through your home HVAC system, ultraviolet light purifiers neutralize the pollutants.
If you smell something moldy & can’t determine where it is coming from, it could be in your system. One way to kill the mold is getting the system treated.